- IWC Masters Scholarships – full-tuition (AU$44,400): currently open (until 1 August 2012)
- IWC Partial Scholarships (AU$5,000): will become available late 2012
IWC Masters Scholarships (full-tuition) – now open
Every year, the International WaterCentre (IWC) awards scholarships to a small number of excellent candidates who are accepted into the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM). These scholarships are awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential to become water leaders of the future.
- Full-tuition (valued at AU$ 44,400) for full-time or part-time/distance* study of the Master of Integrated Water Management
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students
Note: the scholarship does not include travel, accommodation, field work, or living costs. These costs will be the responsibility of successful recipients.
* Part-time/distance study option is available only to Australian/NZ citizens and Australian permanent residents.
Who can apply
The scholarship is available to eligible Australian and international applicants to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) program. The next intake will be February 2013 (Semester 1).
Please note that the scholarship is only available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management. It is not available for the IWC Graduate Diploma/Certificate programs or for any other program offered by IWC, The University of Queensland or any other institution.
Entry requirements (for the MIWM program)
To apply for the scholarship, you must also apply for the MIWM program and meet the program entry requirements:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency
- Two years practical experience in a related field is preferred but not essential.
Typically, successful scholarship candidates will possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience. The IWC selection panel will use the following selection criteria when assessing scholarship applications:
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional record: relevant employment experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Commitment to the whole-of-water cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
How to apply
Before you apply, please read IWC Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions.
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships to study the MIWM program in 2013 are currently open until 1 August 2012.
Scholarship selection outcomes
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships will be assessed by a selection panel at the International WaterCentre.
The selection panel adheres to IWC’s policy of non-discrimination for this process. Decisions of the selection panel are final and confidential. You will be notified, via email, of the outcome of your application by 10 September 2012.
Successful international applicants must meet visa requirements of the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- 1 May 2012: Masters Scholarships open
- 1 August 2012: Masters Scholarships close
- 10 September 2012: Notification will be sent via email to all applicants
Questions regarding scholarships or program content:
- Please make sure you read our Frequently Asked Questions page before contacting us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 7 3123 7766
Questions regarding program admissions:
- Visit The University of Queensland website
- Email: email@example.com (international students)
- Email: AdmissionsEnquiries@admin.uq.edu.au (domestic students)
IWC Partial Scholarships (AU$ 5,000): available late 2012
To support future water leaders, the International WaterCentre (IWC) will also offer part-tuition scholarships (AU$ 5,000) to the first 50 students who enrol in the IWC Integrated Water Management programs (Masters, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate) for 2013.
These scholarships will be available to Australian and international students who do not receive any external full-tuition scholarship or full-tuition funding from other sources.
Partial scholarship value
Full-time study: AU$5,000 for the whole program, payable per semester towards tuition fees:
- Semester 1 (Graduate Certificate) AU$ 1,550
- Semester 2 (Graduate Diploma) AU$ 1,550
- Semester 3 (Masters) AU$ 1,900
Part-time study: AU$ 5,000 for the whole program payable per semester towards tuition fees (AU$ 850 per semester).
Recipients are responsible for paying the remainder of the tuition fees each semester and all other associated expenses.
The scholarship does not cover: travel, accommodation, field work, living costs, medical cover, insurance and other associated costs. These costs will be the responsibility of successful recipients.
Number of scholarships
There will be 50 scholarships available for the 2013 intake (Semester 1, 2013).
Please read complete Terms and Conditions:
- Available only to cover part of the tuition fees for the IWC Integrated Water Management programs (Masters, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate) in 2013
- Available in the year of offer only
- Available only to self-supported students** who have been offered a place in the program and have enrolled in it
- The scholarship will be paid out equally over the semesters of study. The program must be completed within 3 consecutive semesters of full-time study or 6 consecutive semesters (3 years) of part-time/distance study.
- This scholarship will not available with any other IWC scholarship.
** Self-supported students are students who do not benefit from any other full-tuition funding, scholarship, grant or award, including IWC’s Masters Scholarships (government, public or private institutions).
How to apply
There is no separate application form for this partial scholarship. To receive the scholarship, simply be one of the first 50 students to enrol in the program. Apply now!
For more information, please visit official website: www.watercentre.org