Students wishing to apply for these scholarships need to download and complete the Scholarship Application Form. A limited number of Scholarships are available and will be awarded to students on the basis of outstanding achievement. Categories you may wish to consider applying under are:
- Social or Cultural: including community projects or voluntary work
- Outstanding Artistic Achievement
The application form requires you to undertake a 500-700 word piece of work supporting your application. Please note that applications must be fully completed and your supporting statement must be within the word limit.
Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants and awards are made for the academic year 2012/2013 (or for the duration of your course). Scholarships of £1,000 per year will be awarded and the scholarship award will be deducted from your annual tuition fee. A maximum of 10 undergraduate and 5 postgraduate scholarship awards will be made for each intake (September 2012 and January 2013).
Scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Committee based upon merit through consideration of a completed Scholarship Application Form. These awards will be made at the beginning of the each semester and the decision by the Scholarship Committee is final.
Applicants must hold a Visa Letter/CAS for a taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University and have firmly accepted their offer before submitting an application.
Conditional offer holders may apply but will only be considered for the scholarship if all conditions have been met before the deadline date.
- Deadline for scholarship applicants starting in September 2012: 3rd September 2012
- Deadline for scholarship applicants starting January 2013: 7th January 2013
Notes for applicants:
- Students are only eligible to apply for ONE University scholarship award, ie either the £1000 scholarship, OR the pre-sessional English language scholarship.
- Students in receipt of donor funding (e.g Chevening or DFID awards) are not eligible to apply for these awards.
- Applicants must be full fee paying international students on a full-time taught programme of study at the University.
- Successful applicants only will be contacted within four weeks of the application closing dates.
For more information, please visit official website: www.newport.ac.uk