The International Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and enthusiasm for science research for students from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
A total of three scholarships are available and each scholarship is valued at $15,000 over three years
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be completing, or have completed, the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (A-levels); an International Baccalaureate (IB); a recognised Australian matriculation program such as AusMAT or South Australian Matriculation (SAM), or the NUS High School Diploma.
- Have applied for entry to the Bachelor of Science at The University of Western Australia, with one of the following majors:
- Agricultural Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Environmental Science
- Marine Science
- Be able to demonstrate a strong academic record and an enthusiasm for research.
- Not be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
Students should apply for entry to the Bachelor of Science at UWA either through the International Centre or their agent.
To apply for the scholarship, submit an online application of not more than 500 words outlining your interest in studying science and your enthusiasm for science research. Also outline any awards and extracurricular activies such as participation in voluntary, community and/or sporting activities. Applicants’ academic records will be automatically assessed as part of this process.
Scholarship applications for students commencing in Semester 2 2013 close on 30 May 2013, and for those commencing in Semester 1 2014 on 30 November 2013.
For more information, please visit official website: http://www.science.uwa.edu.au.