Announcing 10 scholarships for 2014-15 International Foundation Pathway
Newcastle University and INTO Newcastle University invites applications for the Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships. The scholarships have been created to assist international fee-paying students, who need to complete a Foundation programme before enrolling on a Newcastle University undergraduate degree programme.
The scholarships are available to all international students applying for the following INTO Newcastle University Foundation pathways:
- Foundation pathway in Business and Management £15,900
- Foundation pathway in Humanities and Social Sciences £15,900
- Foundation pathway in Physical Sciences and Engineering £15,900
- Foundation pathway in Biological and Biomedical Sciences £15,900
- Foundation pathway in Architecture £15,900
INTO Foundation programme details:
- Course length 2 Semesters (3 terms)
- Start date 22nd September 2014 and 5th January 2015
- Tuition fee £15,900
- Contact hours 21 hours per week
- Class size Maximum 16 students
- Outcome: Successful completion leads to the award of Newcastle University International Foundation Certificate and direct entry to Year 1 of a wide range of degree programmes at Newcastle University in September 2015.
Award title Newcastle University Foundation Scholarship
Number of awards 10 awards in total –
- 6 scholarships available for the September intake
- 4 scholarships available for the January intake
Who is eligible?
- All international fee-paying students.
- Students who have completed 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
- Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 for specified programmes.
- Students must be a minimum of 17 years old.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship worth half of their tuition fees which will be deducted from their INTO Foundation programme tuition fees.
Upon successful completion (and subject to achieving specified grades for entry), students entering degree programmes at Newcastle University will receive a further half of their Foundation tuition fees (which will be deducted from the University’s Year 1 tuition fees).
Value of award £15,900
Apply for the Foundation programme at http://www.intohigher.com/Newcastle, supplying copies of your academic transcripts and evidence of your current English language level.
After this, complete a Newcastle University Foundation Scholarship application form (pages 5 – 7 of this document) including a personal statement explaining why you want to study at Newcastle University and how the degree programme will help you in the future. The statement must be typed in English and be no more than 200 words.
You will need to submit your scholarship application to email@example.com to be filed with your course application.
September 2014 intake. For the September intake there will be two application deadlines.
The first deadline is Friday 4th July 2014. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered and the first 4 scholarships will be awarded. Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 18th July 2014. All other scholarships applications will be retained for further consideration.
The second deadline is Friday 1st August 2014. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered and the remaining 2 scholarships will be awarded. Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 15th August 2014.
January 2015 intake
The deadline for all applications is Friday 7th November 2014. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered, after which all 4 scholarships will be awarded. Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 21st November 2014.
For full details of the degree programmes offered by Newcastle University, please visit http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate
For full details of the INTO Newcastle University programmes and to apply please visit http://www.intohigher.com/newcastle
For more information, please visit official website: http://www.intohigher.com.